Program name query

Happy37 07:44 07 Oct 2008

Hello everyone

A quick question to ask that there is a piece of software on the Net that allows you to keep your internet connection "live"...so that it doesn't allow the connection to drop?

I have used this in the past successfully, yet now cannot remember the name of the program, although I do remember that PC Advisor mentioned about this program a while ago?

I think that the program name starts with Re?

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks

Happy37

Happy37 08:29 07 Oct 2008

^

Happy37 15:01 07 Oct 2008

Anyone please help???

^

Belatucadrus 15:17 07 Oct 2008

This do ?
click here

Happy37 20:50 07 Oct 2008

Belatucadrus

Thanks for your reponse - will try this and see how it goes, yet would still like to remember the name of the other program that I suggested above...??? Any takers?

Thanks again.....

Happy37 08:51 09 Oct 2008

Hello everyone...

Quickly popping back to say that I have found the software that I was looking for on my original request:-

click here

However, has anyone used this with a router as it keeps on saying "no connections found" even though I do connect to the Net okay via router!

How do I configure the program to work with a Net connection supplied via a router?

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

MAJ 09:27 09 Oct 2008

I have my router to 'connect on demand' and have set the inactivity period to 45 minutes. I then use Outlook Express to keep the connection live by setting it to check for new emails every 20 minutes. Works a treat.

Happy37 10:10 09 Oct 2008

MAJ

Thanks for your reply - I only connect my router when I need to...even then, I only download my emails into Outlook (not Express) when I am ready to do so.

This is why I was looking to re-use a program such as ReConnect - has anyone else successfully used ReConnect with a router setup, and how did they go about doing so?

Thanks

Happy37 12:12 09 Oct 2008

^ - Technotiger, buteman and others???

Happy37 08:54 21 Sep 2009

Don't need to use this now - all is working well...thamks to all that replied.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?