Program Keeps Trying To Install

kinger 21:52 21 Feb 2007

Everytime I start any Microsoft Office program (Word, Outlook etc.) a another program, PaperPort Deluxe, announces that I have to wait while it is installed.

Even if I don't cancel and let PaperPort do it's thing, it still tries to install when I next start up the Microsoft program again.

I'm wondering if the same thing is happening when, each time I boot up, Windows XP tells me that it failed to install my Canon printer, even though it is already fully installed and working fine.

Is there any way that I can stop these things happening?

SANTOS7 22:09 21 Feb 2007

click here
follow thread it may help..

Z1100 22:12 21 Feb 2007

paper.* or paperport.* ought to find a folder or file lurking in a place you have not looked.

You could try CCleaners Remove Program Option too but that relies on the said program being listed in the add remove software list.

If you have a program called paperport try installing it then removing it in-case there was a failed install or install.

Hanx!
K.

kinger 22:35 21 Feb 2007

For others that may get this problem one day, it seems a regular occurance, here is the solution.

++++

PaperPort 11 installs a "Print to PDF" button in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. PaperPort Professional 11 comes with PDF Create! 3, which installs a toolbar in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. These toolbars are created through Microsoft Add-ins.

Add-ins in Microsoft Office applications can often conflict with one another. This can result in instability within these applications resulting in crashes, error messages and/or multiple toolbar buttons. One common error is:

"Do you want to save the changes to ScanSoftPDF.dot?"
If this occurs, we recommend removing the installed toolbar buttons. The print to PaperPort and PDF Create! functionality can still be achieved by printing to the corresponding printer when these toolbars are removed.

Removing the PaperPort toolbar button

Close out of all applications that are running, especially all Microsoft Office applications.
Click "Start > Run" to access the "Run" dialog.
Enter the following into the "Open" field of the "Run" dialog.

regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\PPDFAddin.dll"
Note: The path will need to be changed if PaperPort was installed to a different location.

Click "OK" to unregister the Add-in. A message should appear stating that the Register Server Succeeded. The "Print to PaperPort" toolbar button should no longer appear in Microsoft Word or Excel.

Removing the PDF Create! 3 toolbar

Close out of all applications that are running, especially all Microsoft Office applications.
Click "Start > Run" to access the "Run" dialog.
Enter the following lines separately into the "Open" field of the "Run" dialog, clicking "OK" after each one.

regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\PDFC!\PDF Create! 3\OfficeAddIn\ZnExcelAddIn.dll"
regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\PDFC!\PDF Create! 3\OfficeAddIn\ZnPPTAddIn.dll"
regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\PDFC!\PDF Create! 3\OfficeAddIn\ZnWordAddIn.dll"
Note: The path will need to be changed if PaperPort was installed to a different location.

When clicking "OK", a message should appear stating that the Register Server Succeeded. The PDF Create! 3 toolbars should no longer appear in Microsoft Word or Excel.

kinger 22:40 21 Feb 2007

On booting everytime, windows installer says it can't install my Canon printer.

This happened after I was installing a Dymo label printer and the installation routine asked me to unplug the device, then plug it in again.

On doing so I noticed that the Canon printer was being installed by mistake, but only for a second until the Dymo label printer installation continued.

Does anyone know where Windows stores it's installation code so that I can remove this error each bootup?

kinger 22:42 21 Feb 2007

Thanks Z1100 and Santos 7, by the way.

kinger 23:01 21 Feb 2007

I just un-installed printer driver and then reinstalled but problem still exists.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

terryf 23:17 21 Feb 2007

Did you unplug the printer from the usb skt then un-install in device manager, uninstall all Canon software. Reboot and then put Canon cd in and follow install instructions to the letter?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone