Program files

User-178362 00:11 16 Feb 2006

I thought if I go into Add/Remove, and remove something it would no longer be on my PC, Sometimes I get email from Incredimail, I have just noticed that it is under "C" Program files when it is not under Add/Remove. Why is this?

stalion 00:24 16 Feb 2006

not all software you load is automatically in add and remove programs some software has it's own uninstaller.If a program is in add/remove programs and you delete it it should be removed from your pc however sometimes you get some unwanted files remaining in the registry which is why you need to do a registry clean up regularly.

User-178362 00:35 16 Feb 2006

I do Ad-Aware SE, and AVG, also Disk Cleanup, I haven't done this for a while, but I have since uninstalling Incredimail. Could you please tell me how do I perform a registry clean up?

skidzy 00:48 16 Feb 2006

Hi Princess try this to clean your registry:
click here

And this:
click here

These will give your registry a very good clean up and remove redundant files left over from your uninstalling .

beynac 09:48 16 Feb 2006

When you uninstall a program it should remove everything that was originally installed. If the program stores some documents, log files, settings etc. these will not be removed by the uninstall. Some programs also leave some bits behind to facilitate a reinstall. I think you will find that the program has been uninstalled and that you only have the folder in 'Program Files', perhaps with a small number of files. There is no harm in leaving it there.

User-178362 19:01 16 Feb 2006

From Major Geeks, You can make an exclusion list. I got confused after reading that. So I am not sure what to do. That was the first click here. I am going to try the seconed one and down load it.

skidzy 19:11 16 Feb 2006

The link i gave you gives you the option to download the program from various mirrors..basically different locations..usa,australia,france,etc..i normally pick the closest to me..IE..Im in the uk so i pick france...Hope this helps.

User-178362 19:30 16 Feb 2006

It is talking about INTERNET Explore, history, things that I think is junk, I do not know what is junk, I thought the PC decided that. I can make an exclusion list? Should I just click on Down load or do I click on Spy ware Doctor?

User-178362 19:34 16 Feb 2006

In CClean which do I click on to down load? Download from File hippo.com Spyware removal download, which?

stalion 19:35 16 Feb 2006

go to the second link cc cleaner and click on this and choose save and where you want to save it.Then go to the filewhere it is saved and double click it to install Version 1.27.260 (1.25MB)
- Download from FileHippo.com

stalion 19:53 16 Feb 2006

cc cleaner download link click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017