Program is deleted each time pc boots.

loser7 16:32 10 May 2008

I use a gaming site to play online poker but each time i restart my PC i have to re-install the program. The setup program stays on the desktop and when i'm reinstalling i get a message telling me the program i salready installed on the pc. But the shortcut has disapeared and when i search through start>programs and click on the selected program to open it, the only option is to uninstall it. How can this be?

tullie 16:37 10 May 2008

Have you looked in your programme files on drive?

loser7 16:44 10 May 2008

Yes tullie i have.
There is no sign of it in program files but when i click on C:drive there is a file titled POKER. That has the setup program and several little sub folders and graphics in it but i can not open most of them and the others are just tiny graphics.

Technotiger 16:47 10 May 2008

When the program gives you the option to un-install it again, do so, using click here during the un-install when it asks you if you want to re-start your computer, do NOT re-start at this point, allow Revo to continue, when it then gives you the option to Select All and Delete, do exactly that. Revo goes a bit further than other un-installers. When finished re-start your computer. You will now have a clean-slate to re-install your program again, and this time it should work properly.

loser7 16:51 10 May 2008

Thanks for that. I will give it a go...

loser7 17:11 10 May 2008

Technotiger.
That program looks to be very handy and i will use it in the future as it did find and delete more items after uninstall, but i reinstalled the poker program and restarted my pc and the program had disapeared again.

Technotiger 17:14 10 May 2008

Hmm, you should have re-started your computer before re-installing the program! Did you?

loser7 17:18 10 May 2008

Yes and i deleted the setup program and downloaded it again after i restarted the computer just in case.

loser7 17:21 10 May 2008

Sorry.. That was not very clear.
I uninstalled and deleted every trace of the program including the setup program, then restarted PC. I then downloaded the setup program from web and installed it again. Then i restarted PC and was gone.. again.

Technotiger 17:26 10 May 2008

Strrange ... the program had disappeared - did you choose the location for the program when you re-installed it, rather than let the install process do it automatically. That way, you will know exactly where to look for it.

I don't know if the fact that it is a on-line game makes any difference, but perhaps it might.

The un-install using Revo usually works, where others fail.

But I am sorry I cannot offer any other advice - if I think of anything I will let you know.

loser7 17:31 10 May 2008

Thats ok thanks for your help, that program will be usefull anyways. I will post solution here when i find it myself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017