Processor upgrade thanks to tom clancy

bezzer20 15:25 20 Feb 2007

hiya peeps, iv just brought a brand new comp, its an A1620.uk HP pavillion. 2.8ghz pentium d 820, pci e 7300le nvidia, 1gb ddr2 ram. just tried to play that knew tom clancy game and it runs crap on it. (recommended spec is 3ghz)iv checked the processor, its a 775 socket, apparently it can handle 2 cache? 1006 fsb? (knowledge is poor!!)
but basically im guessing a knew processor is required? what could my system handle. i would like one of those core 2 duo's. thank you very much for any feedbk cheers

filthpig 15:28 20 Feb 2007

my board is 775 too and i have a pentium in it just now
am looking to buy a dual core CPU
i saw a pentium dual core 3.04 ghz for only £100 from a shop not online
it really comes down to how much you are willing to spend

bezzer20 15:34 20 Feb 2007

wot so 775 is like a top spec kindo of socket ie i can have wotever i want (preety much). i just wandered if my board couldnt handle a high fsb or summit? its just i brought my computer preety cheep it was only 399 without the monitor.

gudgulf 15:59 20 Feb 2007

If your talking about the Rainbow 6 Vegas game your real problem is not the cpu,it's your graphics card.

A 7300le will struggle to cope with ANY up to date game,never mind a state of the art one.

Even at very low settings your card will struggle.......I'm afraid you will need to set your sights a whole lot higher.

Lets say something like at least a 7600GT but more like an ATI x1950 pro would be the minimum.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?