Processor speeds etc.

ianeon 12:24 27 Dec 2009

Good morning - Can someone please tell me how I find out which of these two processors is the fastest and the most powerful - they are an "AMD Quad Core 965 Phenom 2" and an "Intel i5-750 Quad Core 2.66Hz 8MB" - I find it very difficult to judge these things, as I do with Graphics Cards. - If there are tables published somewhere I would love to know. - Thank you for your time - Ian

ICF 12:29 27 Dec 2009

Have a look at Tomshardware they have a processor chart click here

chub_tor 12:29 27 Dec 2009
  ianeon 12:43 27 Dec 2009

"chub_tor" thank you for that link - my apologies for not being able to find it myself.
"ICF" thank you for that link. When I went to it I din't quite know what to do when i got there, but thank you all the same.

ICF 18:32 27 Dec 2009

Click the link then click "2009 Desktop CPU Charts" then select a test say "3DMark Vantage 1.0.2" then select your two CPU's and compare.

woodchip 19:18 27 Dec 2009

Unfortunately 3D Graphics is not the be all of a CPU speed, it depends what you want to use your computer for. Without looking at the above site most likely a Intel CPU will be best for 3D graphics

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?