Processor comparison

neuroticmenace 11:48 18 Oct 2009

I had my heart set on a Samsung R510 Laptop, Core 2 Duo T6400 2.0GHz, 4GB (2x2GB ) RAM, 320GB HDD, 15.4 WXGA, DVD Supermulti, Webcam, 3in1 Card Reader, 6 Cell Battery, Black/red, Vista Home Premium *WINDOWS 7 UPGRAEABLE* but eneded up buying a Hp Pavillion AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core processor QL-65
(2.10GHz, 1MB Cache) . The salesman was very convincing that the Hp machine was better, but I'm neurotic that I've made a huge, expensive mistake. The battery life is poorer, its heavier, it does not look as nice but it does seem to do the job. Is the processor any better on the Hp machine or is it worse?

Thank you in anticipation.

I am Spartacus 11:54 18 Oct 2009

Depends how much you paid for it compared to the Samsung. The AMD processor is less powerful than that in the Samsung but I doubt you'd notice the difference in anything except video editing.

By the way, you don't have to accept a salesman's recommendation you know!

OTT_Buzzard 12:04 18 Oct 2009

Performance wise, I agree with I am Spartacus.

You might well find that the build quality of the HP laptop is better than the Samsung. That's not to say that there's anything wrong with Samsung laptops, it's just i think that HP go the extra mile to make them more solid.

Others will probably disagree!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?