The procedure entry point....winiet.dll PROBLEM

portofcall 22:06 07 Dec 2005

"the procedure entry point internetgetconnected cold not be located in the dynamic link library winiet.dll" I have no access to the internet via aol or IP at the moment. Avast informed me that I had a virus (alert) for win32kuang2 which I deleted. That led to a pop up which for adware program which seemed to take over. I deleted this program and rebooted. Start up screen changed colour to white. Aol icon on tray very faded. I cannot access windows help/support as program "entry point" not available. Also awareSE not allowed. Windows media player starts and then stops. I think I have a virus! But does the problem stem from missing winiet.dll file or something more sinister? If I am missing dll file with no internet access (I'm on someone else's computer at the moment) I'm not sure that a downloadable winiet dll file would help at the moment. I ran avast (slow operation now)...matter of fact, whole computer seems very slow. Ok, that's it. I could re-install windows xp pro but would that solve the issue and still allow me to retain files, folders info without threat of losing due to xp re-install? Thanks.

PaulB2005 22:07 07 Dec 2005

System Restore???

VoG II 22:14 07 Dec 2005

I suspect that your problems are more deep rooted than just missing a .dll file

You can try the System File Checker click here

or run a repair click here which will keep your files intact.

However I suggest that you scan with Ewido click here and a² click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?