A Problen Installing CCleaner

mcheathen 01:01 20 Sep 2013

When I click on the CCleaner icon to install CCleaner I get a box on screen which says the following: 'installerccleanerEnglish.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.'

This was the first time I attempted to install on this particular PC which runs on XP Home and is an E macine with a 1.2 GHz processor.

wee eddie 01:37 20 Sep 2013

Read the minimum specs

wee eddie 02:24 20 Sep 2013

Another thought is that you may have a Trojan that is trying to protect itself

SimpleSimon1 10:52 20 Sep 2013

Hhmm, never seen this before and I've been installing ccleaner for years on many different types of PC. Shouldn't be any problem re the spec, either. Anything that can run XPHome should be able to easily run ccleaner. Although you don't specify what make of PC and CPU you are using, the presence of XP Home would suggest that it is pre-DEP and ASLR so the problem referred to in Lazarus' post doesn't apply.

Assuming that you're logged-on with admin privileges (and if you ain't, that may well be your problem), as a first step, I would download the portable version referenced in L's post and see if that works. If it doesn't, that would be extremely unusual and, as suggested, a check for malware would probably be a good precaution. If the portable version works, well, you're good to go but as to why the installer didn't work......

jaywoo 23:59 20 Sep 2013

"installer_ccleanerEnglish.exe" sounds like a download from a site that bundles freeware with additional toolbars and add-ons. Download CCleaner again from Piriform or Filehippo.com, somewhere trusted. Here's the FileHippo link -

click here official download does come with it's own add-on toolbar, I don't know which one lately but you can opt-out of installing any extras during the installation.

The

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review

How to draw a mandala

iPhone X review

Les meilleures enceintes Bluetooth à moins de 150 euros