Problems with Zone Alarm

Big Big C 20:35 07 May 2006

Has anybody else had problems with Zone Alarm?
This evening all of a sudden my PC would not boot up and kept reverting straight to a blue screen telling me that XP couldn't start due to a serious error in connection with a file called vsdatant.sys, so I managed to boot into safe mode and found the file as one linked to Zone Alarm. Have uninstalled Zone Alarm completely and everything now seems back to normal. However I am now relying on XP firewall for protection and have heard that this aint the best protection. Anyone any recommendations .....?

Regards

skidzy 20:39 07 May 2006

Have you tried reinstalling Zonealarm,it may have become corrupted somehow.

skidzy 20:43 07 May 2006

The problem you experienced was something relating to the True Vector device driver within Zonealarm,like i said earlier...reinstall Zonealarm and i think you will be ok.

Also keep your AV up todate with regular scans in case of any viruses trying to disable your firewall.Make sure you empty your recycle bin after any scans and repairs.

mammak 21:43 07 May 2006

Hi Big Big C skidzy advice is good although personaly havent had any problems with ZA apart from when I want to access the network printer I have to turn it of and all is well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?