Problems with wireless network connection

Dave911 17:09 19 May 2005

***Please note I have posted this in the network forum as well****

I have just bought a Compaq Presario M2130EA laptop with a Intel Pentium M715A centrino processor (wireless) and am having problems connecting wirelesly to my router - a Netgear DG834G. I have hard wired the laptop to the router and configured it and it can see it and get access to the internet and if I turn off my Norton Internet security - can actually see my main computer!! (As an extra - how do I get round NIS so that it can be on yet allow my laptop access). As I see it the problem appears to be with either the Wirless Network Connection which tells me that it is not connected or the router settings which completely baffle me!! Ihave tried to repair the connection by right click and repair tool but it tells me that the 'Wireless Network is not available' and that I should see my system administrator - well I suppose if I look in the mirror then....... I am somewhat at a loss and would liek to know if anyone had any ideas. I have run every setup wizard I can including the wireless network wizard using a flash drive and the network wizard doing all it says but it still does not appear to work. Hellllpppppppp!!!

Dave

TomJerry 18:06 19 May 2005

a great small program netstumbler will do it click here

install it on your lappy to try to see if you can find wireless router

TomJerry 18:09 19 May 2005

get ride it, but this is a biased opnion

a possible solution: uninstall it, set up your network, when evenything working fine, install it again, when asked tick your own net in trusted region

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?