Problems with windows 7 and printer

leadwellie 14:18 20 Nov 2009

Hi.
Have just upgraded to windows 7 home premium following a custom install over XP home edition.
All is well apart from the fact that I cannot get a printer to work. I was aware that there could have been an issue with my old computer and so bought a new one an Epson SX215 all in one which according to the box stated that it was compatible with windows 7. Istalled as per instructions but when I came to print from an application there was no joy. Looked at the Microsoft compatibility website where it states that that prticular printer is compatible., I am at the stage now where I am tearing my hair out.
are there any suggestions from you good people out there?
if so I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks in aticipation.
leadwellie.

ambra4 14:53 20 Nov 2009

See if this help

You will need to change the OS to Windows 7 (X86 or X64 to get the correct drivers)

Epson Drivers & Support: Epson Stylus SX215

click here

chub_tor 16:49 20 Nov 2009

1. Have you checked in Control Panel printers that the SX215 is installed as the Default printer?

2. If so can you print a Test Page by right clicking on the printer, selecting Properties and Print Test Page?

3. When you came to print from your application did you check that the SX215 was the selected printer in the File, Print drop down box?

If you answer to all of these is yes then I would uninstall the printer using Control Panel, Printers. Swithch off the printer and pull out the USB lead. Switch off and reboot the PC with theprinter still unplugged, reinstall the Epson software and driver, then switch on the printer and plug in the USB lead and let Windows find the new driver.

audeal 22:03 20 Nov 2009

Check the default printer. When I installed
W7 my default printer was set to One Note and took me some time to realise what was going on and put it right

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?