Problems watching Front Row...

BigMan24 20:43 01 Dec 2006

Hello there folks!

I don't know how many people here use (or have knowledge of) Macs. However, I'd like to post a question about using some Mac software.

When using Front Row to watch a DVD - using the small remote control for all functions, I get fairly confused!

When selecting which episodes of a DVD to watch I use the "up/down" buttons on the remote to shift through the options. Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't - the times it doesn't work are the times when it adjusts the volume instead of shifting through the options on the screen.

This may be a (yet another) silly question, but is there a button on the remote that swaps the function of the "up/down" buttons?

For example, on volume control by default then I press a button and it changes to shifting through the menus.

Thanks for any help!

Cheers!

powerless 21:33 01 Dec 2006

Not that I know of, front row isn't that configurable.

There maybe third party software available but I wouldn't know what to use and if there is any.

How big are your fingers by the way, i sometimes hit the wrong button...But I think it's really knowing what function is availbale on the DVD to what the function on the remote makes.

BigMan24 22:35 04 Jan 2007

Hello!

I managed to fix my problem.

At the menu, when up/down adjusts the volume, I can change this to action up/down commands in the menu by clicking lft right and then left again.

I dont know if this is some secret button combonation, but it happens to work and I'm quite happy about it!

So if anyone else shares my problem then you now have a solution!

Thanks again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone