Problems with volume and volume control

ponytail 21:13 06 May 2014

Two problems 1st when I click on the sound icon on the taskbar I now get two slide bars have never had this before tonight if I hover the cursor over the icon it says speakers muted does anyone know what has happened.2nd this laptop is currently connected to my bedroom TV using HDMI but there is no sound.When I connect it to my main TV I have to turn the laptop off before connecting to the TV and then turn it on.I am doing this now but still no sound have turned the laptop off connected it to the TV and turned it back on no sound only the sound from the laptop's speaker.Sorry this is so long,Thanks

ponytail 21:36 06 May 2014

I did a system restore but still have no volume on TV from laptop.When I click on the sound icon there are two slide bars one has a diagram of a screen maybe TV screen the other has a diagram of what looks like a speaker that one seems to control the volume on the laptop but nothing happens when I use the other slide bar it does not say now speakers muted am really puzzled what would have caused this and why no sound on the TV I get sound when I use my main TV

ponytail 21:52 06 May 2014

Have found the answer which is right click on sound icon select playback devices click on TV icon and click on set default then ok,Saw this on google

click here

ponytail 00:15 07 May 2014

Now the volume control is missing from the task bar any ideas.This has happened before.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?