Problems with Vista 64 bits

Spr 15:25 11 Apr 2009

I keep getting on no particular programs a message that the program is “Not Responding”
No matter what I am doing using the internet, reading my e-mail writing a letter it is always the same Not Responding. I have tried Alt+ F4 Ctrl+alt+del to free the program nothing happens.

I have to use the Stop/Start button which is not the right thing to do but I am left with no other option. Restarting my PC after this happens I get a Blue Screen PC shuts down & starts to boot up, then it goes to start Windows Normally.

The only thing I can think of is one of the program below does not agree with Vista

The software I’m running
Adobe Photoshop CS3
Adobe Photoshop Elements 5
Picture to Exe 5.6
Office 2003.
Kaspersky anti virus
Family Tree Maker 16 (with Vista upgrade)

ened 15:56 11 Apr 2009

I have the same os.

The only programme I share with you is Elements 5 which I have found to be a bit buggy - especially with RAW files in the Organiser.

Strange things do tend to happen occasionally but I have found they usually rectify themselves given time.

Have you waited a few minutes before resorting to the on/off switch?

How much memory are you running?

hssutton 16:07 11 Apr 2009

I also occasionally have this problem, but as ened says they usually rectify themselves.

This problem was more evident when using CS4 in 32 bit mode since my recent pc upgrade I've installed the 64bit version and have had no problem. Mind you I do have problem with the pc awakening from sleep mode. Will have to post a question on this problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?