problems with video capture

wobblymike 20:42 16 May 2004

I have a Pinnacle PCTV Rave video capture card installed in my PC running XP Pro - my problem is simple but is driving me nuts - I have connected a VCR to the video capture card, video by an s video cable and audio via a normal jack connection straight to the sound card.
When I capture video to the hard drive ( i do so in about 5 minute chunks)the early part of the tape seems fine but as I get further into it the video and audio get de synchronised, by the time I get to the half way point on the tape there is about 4 secs between them which is hopeless as I am trying to create VCDs of my granddaughter. I have tried capturing direct from a cam corder, tried 3 hr and 4 hr tapes - no joy. I have had a look at Pinnacles web site and there is some mention of this but no fix that I can find. One thing which may be of interest - I note that when using the capture facility I have no control over the audio settings thay are all greyed out as if I don't have the up to date drivers - however the drivers and software came with the unit which i bought from PC World - I have tried finding some more up to date drivers via driverguide but it seems my drivers are the most up to date. HELP

Rgds
Mike

Totally-braindead 20:54 16 May 2004

How fast is your computer, analogue video I have been told takes a much faster processor than working with digital?

wobblymike 20:55 16 May 2004

800 MHZ - I'm told I ned 500 or better so I don't think thats the problem
thamks for responding

Mike

stalion 20:58 16 May 2004

this is a well known problem with pinnacle last time this problem was posted it was unresolved and the poster used another program.Regards

wobblymike 21:00 16 May 2004

stalion

thanks can you suggest another program

Mike

stalion 21:04 16 May 2004

I personally use wmm2 and mydvd and nero other members on here can give you more options, this is the mydvd site click here

wobblymike 21:15 16 May 2004

stalion

thanks I'll give it a go what about a capture card can you recommend one

Mike

stalion 21:29 16 May 2004

I bought a analogue tv capture card from pc world which is also ok for video.Packard Bell pb-tv100. I connect exactly the same as you are.Regards

turnip 60 22:08 16 May 2004

Hi wobblymike,
an exellent website for techie advise is
protonic.com
they have solved many of my problems.
Regards

wobblymike 22:17 16 May 2004

Stalin - Turnip 60 - Thanks very much for your help, I'll try the Packard bell card and I'll check out protonic.com

Rgds

Mike

Bagsey 22:20 16 May 2004

I would suggest that you post your problem on this forum for a lot of expert advice.
click here or this click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires