Problems with Talk Talk Wireless Router

Caz6166 21:49 17 Oct 2007

Hi there, I have just received an EchoLife HG520s wireless router from Talk Talk and got as far in the installation as where they ask about a USB connector. I have a Dell Inspiron 1300 laptop which I believe has built-in wireless. My problem is do I need a USB connector or is there something I can set-up in my laptop to run the wireless this way?

Thanks
Caz

Longhouse 22:02 17 Oct 2007

Looking at the specs for your laptop it doesn't appear to be wireless enabled but does appear to have an ethernet connection.

see here click here

I suggest that you set it up using the guide that came with your modem (connecting your TalkTalk router using an ethernet connection on page 3 & 4 of the guide). If you want to go wireless, you will need a USB adaptor and then configure according to page 5 in the guide (setting up your wireless connection)

Stuartli 23:15 17 Oct 2007
  Caz6166 09:17 18 Oct 2007

Thanks for your help, I was hoping I wouldn't need to get a USB adaptor. I'm not impressed with Talk Talk - it's true you don't get anything for free nowadays! I waited a month for my free wireless router and when I have this query and I'm on hold for so long to get through to an advisor, I'm told I need to pay £25 to talk to the Geek Squad as they won't help me!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?