problems switching language keyboards

elenamoral 15:33 08 Oct 2008

I have a problem with the language keyboard that is driving me crazy. I use Windows XP and since I updated it with service pack 2, I started having problems with switching between English and Spanish keyboards, something I had been doing in the past effortlessly all the time. These problems have aggravated still more since installing service pack 3. Even though I have both languages installed in Text Services and Input Languages, in Regional Settings, and that the Language Bar appears in the Task Bar, sometimes it’s impossible to switch languages without going through the following processes.

When I turn the PC on in the mornings, first of all I have to restore the Language Bar (it goes from the bottom to the top of the screen), minimise it to the bottom and only then I’m able to change languages clicking in the language icon. Some other times, even clicking in the icon doesn’t change languages, so I have to delete the Spanish keyboard in the Regional Settings, install it again, restart the PC and go again through the steps I mentioned before.

I have tried to find a solution to this in many different sites, including Microsoft, to no avail and would appreciate any help you can provide. Thank you.

Jak_1 16:45 08 Oct 2008

Rt click on the toolbar and lock it, though this may be an inherant problem with SP3. I am running Vista but have heard of a few problems caused by installing sp3 for XP.

elenamoral 17:04 08 Oct 2008

Thank you for your reply, Jak_1. The Task Bar is locked and seems to have been like this all the time.

elenamoral 18:30 16 Oct 2008

Hi there, a few days ago Jak_1 replied to my query about switching keyboards with some instructions, but those didn't solve my problems. Would somebody else have a brilliant idea for me? Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?