problems with sub-woofer

lolly2cats 18:56 22 Nov 2007

my sub-woofer has suddenly started a continuous loud buzzing noise which I cannot get rid of. Any suggestions please. I have tested all the speakers and drivers and everything appears to be OK.

wee eddie 19:18 22 Nov 2007

I had one acquaintance who had wound a cable around a short length of pipe, to keep it out of the way!

MCE2K5 19:31 22 Nov 2007

Sounds like Feedback.
Microphone too close to Speakers.

(I used to be a Roadie, in the 70's).

wee eddie 12:39 23 Nov 2007

mind you I've only worked with on Stage Sound with The Dead (Grateful variety), and lighting with The Who, Bowie and The Stones

silverous 13:34 23 Nov 2007

I have had this, if the sub is too close to the plug socket - try moving it away and see if it goes.

Also have interference from any mobile/wireless devices occasionally.

wee eddie 18:12 23 Nov 2007

Possible some part is close, or parallel to, an AC Circuit.

MCE2K5 20:15 23 Nov 2007

Funny thought you had a 'Mobile Disco', LOL.

wee eddie 21:55 23 Nov 2007

I did ~ I had 4 Units on the road in the late 60's.

I also had one of the very few McIntosh Amplifiers in the UK and the nearest Service Agent was in Luxembourg, when my arm was twisted I was known to do maintenance work on them and carried spares. That's how I got to work with the Dead and also to meet with Bowie and one of the Stones. The Who Tour was through Chris Wolf and his Laser Lighting Company which also linked back to the other two. On the lighting side, I was very much part of the workforce rather than having any technical status, sort of Gofer rather than Groupie.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?