Problems with Spybot

lester1 22:57 01 Apr 2004

A short while ago I tried to up date but could not get any response.

I uninstalled Spybot and reinstalled, Spybot appeared to load but would not show on the screen

Any idea's

VoG II 23:00 01 Apr 2004

Leave it for a while (several minutes). When it appears click on the Update button and select the Australian site from the drop-down menu.

woodchip 23:04 01 Apr 2004

Uninstall from Add Remove then go to Explorer and look for the Spybot folder and delete it. you could also go to the find files to look for Spybot and delete what it finds before reinstalling. On the update side use the country choos button to download I use USA and it work's first time do not try Europe as it's pathetic

lester1 23:07 01 Apr 2004

Thanks for that VoG I had been having trouble up dating and thought I had solved it by doing as you suggest.

Unfortunately I got a bit fed up and decided to re install.

My problem is, now the dam thing loads but will not display on the monitor. I must admit I got a bit miffed and uninstalled it but I would prefere to have it up and running.

Don't know if they are connected but I have started to have problems media player 9 it wont connect to the web

woodchip 23:12 01 Apr 2004

Go to the SpybotSD folder in Explorer and click on the main folder, then look for SpybotSD.exe double click to see if it runs, if it does you can right click and drag a shortcut to the Start button

lester1 23:27 01 Apr 2004

Uninstall from Add Remove then go to Explorer and look for the Spybot folder and delete it. you could also go to the find files to look for Spybot and delete what it finds before reinstalling.

There you go thanks woodchip problem solved

lamda 09:52 02 Apr 2004

into my postings

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?