problems with sound on my laptop

kumo22 11:43 30 Jun 2009

Over the last week I have noticed a problem with the sound on my laptop. I am using XP.

I am an infrequent Skype user. I received a call on skype and the person's voice was very deep and a little slow. I thought that this would be a skype problem.

I then listened to an interview over the internet and the voices were the same. I tried a film DVD and the dialogue was the same. I tried a music CD and the singing voice was the same.

However music with no signing seems OK.

Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks
Michael

Technotiger 11:55 30 Jun 2009

If you have any software using EA Sound FX, it is possible that you need to disable Effects.

Used quite a bit in EA Games for example, and with Creative Sound Cards.

Technotiger 11:56 30 Jun 2009

Or (over the last week ...) perhaps a System Restore back to before 'last week' ...

kumo22 21:32 30 Jun 2009

Thanks,

I don't have any software with EA Sound FX.

A couple of basic questions. How do I do a system restore and will it affect any files that I have?

Technotiger 21:47 30 Jun 2009

System Restore will not affect your files - except that any software installed between now and your chosen Restore date will disappear, and will need to be re-installed after the Restore.

For System Restore - go to Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore the on-screen details are self-explanatory. However, make sure that you choose a Restore Point whose Date is shown in BOLD print, the other dates are not restore points.

When completed the PC will do an automatic re-start.

kumo22 12:02 05 Jul 2009

Thank you,

I'll try this first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?