Problems with sky/ packard bell w'less connection

Never again 09:21 21 Mar 2008

My friend is having a problem maintaining their wireless connection on thier desktop, which either drops out after connecting or will not connect - at the moment it's always acquiring network address but not connecting.

I'm on the wireless connection now on my laptop, so I know that the sky netgear wireless router/ modem is sending out a good signal, and it also states on the desktop that the signal strength is very good.

The desktop connects via a belkin usb adapter, which is flashing away when trying to connect.

Windows is managing the wireless connection, which has worked fine for a while in the past, but seems to have a mind of its own.

The desktop is used by my friends, who are computer novices, and I'm wondering whether they have changed any settings by mistake.

I've compared them to my laptop settings and everything seems to match.

Your help and suggestions would be gratefully received. The desktop is a packard bell and it is running windows xp.

Thanks

Never again 09:38 21 Mar 2008

I input the password again, just in case this was the problem, and it has connected!!

I'm currently seeing if the connection drops out, as it is alleged only to last a couple of minutes.

Is it likely that some malware may have infected th pc and changed th password?

ambra4 10:43 21 Mar 2008
  Never again 12:45 21 Mar 2008

Connection appears to be working fine.

ambra4 12:52 21 Mar 2008

Enjoy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone