Problems in setting up ehome router- please help

AndreeaG 19:16 11 Sep 2009

Hi there! I have an ehome router which I used before with other computers in a different country. Now, I moved out so I want to use it again but with other computers, so the address is different. I tried to set it up, everything is going on well, all the lights are lit, but when I try to set it (that is, to go to the setup wizard, with the ip 192.168.0.1), “the page cannot be displayed”. Can you tell me what the problem is and how I can solve it? Does this mean that if I already used and set up the router once, I cannot set it up again?
Thanks!

Jollyjohn 08:00 12 Sep 2009

Try going Start Run cmd to get a Command prompt and then type ipconfig /all eenter.
This should list your default gateway which will be the ip address of the router.

AndreeaG 09:17 12 Sep 2009

new info:
First: if i connect my routr to my modem all the lights in the router( power,status, wan, wlan, local network 1) are lit and on the modem: cable activity, cable link, pc link and internet are lit.

second: if I go to start/ run/ cmd and type ipconfig/ all i get the following message:
Ipconfig is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file.

Jollyjohn 13:02 12 Sep 2009

try 192.168.1.1 as the ip address of the router

AndreeaG 13:23 12 Sep 2009

tried this ip as well..it is not working:(( dunno what else i could do?!?
i mean, after I connect the router to the modem and computer, all i have to do is open my browser and type the router ip address, right? and normally, there should be an admin and password window, right? but"the page cannot pe displayed"...is there anything else that i have to do and i haven't done?!

Jollyjohn 17:41 12 Sep 2009

Check in Control Panel - hardware - device manager that your ethernet card is ok - no yellow triangles or red crosses.
Then - control panel - network connections - the ethernet connection should be listed - right click - properties - select tcp/ip - properties - set to obtain ip address automatically and dns automatically.
Also in the browser window select tools - and ensure there is not a tick next to work offline.
When you plug the ethernet cable into the pc it should obtain an ip address automatically - if it doesnt then there is usually an icon that says limited connectivity.

mgmcc 12:14 13 Sep 2009

If your Router's IP address is 192.168.0.1, it may be necessary to configure your "Local Area Connection" manually with an IP address in the same Subnet (IP address range), in order to access the Router's setup pages if it isn't getting its address automatically by DHCP. Use something like:

IP address 192.168.0.5
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0

>>> if I go to start/ run/ cmd and type ipconfig/ all
>>> i get the following message:
>>> Ipconfig is not recognized as an internal or
>>> external command operable program or batch file.

The command is IPCONFIG /ALL with a space between 'ipconfig' and the forward slash.

AndreeaG 18:51 13 Sep 2009

thank you all!problem solved:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?