problems with set up of sitecom n300 router

mushroomhater 18:33 18 Jan 2014

Hey,

was just wondering if anyone could help or has had similar dramas. Iv just bought a sitecom n300 router and I am in the process of setting it up. When it comes to enter the initial password my laptop is only letting me enter a max of 8 digits but the password I need to enter to set it up is 12 digits.

I may be being daft, unfortunately I am English and living in Germany and don't speak enough of the language to ask the guys in the shop, was wondering if anyone had any ideas why this is happening?!

cheers

Secret-Squirrel 19:27 18 Jan 2014

"When it comes to enter the initial password...."

Is that the password for the "admin" account that's used to log into the router? If so then are you entering the correct password? According to the user manual it should be on a sticker on the back of the unit. If that doesn't help then try a different web browser to connect to the router.

"my laptop is only letting me enter a max of 8 digits"

I'm not sure what that means - post a screenshot if you can to illustrate this issue. If you can't then it may help if you describe fully what's going on there.

mushroomhater 20:31 18 Jan 2014

yep I have tried with a different web browser and everything is now sorted, for some reason just didn't seem compatible with old one.

many thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?