Has anyone any bright ideas as how to solve this one? I recently set up a friend’s new laptop and had a dickens of a job to get it to send e-mails. (it would receive them fine). I took it to my house and voila it works with no problem. Return it to friends house and again same problem, able to receive but not send e-mail. I have used EXACTLY the same settings as her old desktop PC and that still works and sends e-mails with no problem. If she takes the laptop to her mothers house the lap top sends e-mail fine. I am able to connect to the internet with no problem using dial up and internet explorer as the browser.
Using an Evesham lap top with Windows XP 2nd Edition, Wanadoo is her ISP, and using Outlook as the default e-mail programme (Outlook express is not being used)