Problems printing emails

Newuser2110 10:04 21 Dec 2004

Hi! Hope someone has an easy answer to this. System is Win98se.Printer is a hp deskjet 5150. Recently upgraded to IE6 (From a Tesco disc)due to a problem.ie6 works ok and Express 6 works ok. Can go on net & collect mail, read them, send them but when i try to print an email nothing happens.Also have Outlook which i can collect emails in but cannot print out in that either.In the file/print the preview is grey out and when i press print nothing happens. Have checked printer properties and nothing is waiting.Does this mean a problem with HP drivers or with installation of ie6 and email.Have checked HP web site and there appears to be a later driver upgrade(Doesnt indicate why or what may have been fixed) but it is showing as 30Mb and i only have a dial up. would i be best to try and reinstall ie6 from tesco disc in case something happened on installation or must i remove ie6 and express first and then reinstall? What will happen to all my emails account settings? Can i go back to ie5 or is this not advisable.Pc only came with recovery disc not proper windows disc so other than Tesco disc how can i get an untampered version of 5 or 6.Be very grateful for any advise.

john-232317 10:15 21 Dec 2004

Does the printer work with word or notepad or similar ? If not does it do a test page ?

Newuser2110 12:16 21 Dec 2004

Thanks- Yes printer works fine. can print from word and others. does not seem to be a prtoblem with printer

john-232317 20:11 21 Dec 2004

Must be IE playing up then, can you try a repair

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?