problems with printer ink-blocked printer heads???

suzie005 12:43 29 Jun 2007

i need help.i installed the printer that hadn't been used for abt 5 yrs and i changed the cartridges only to realise ( after abt half an hr) that no black ink was coming out.i had initially gone through the checks and done the nozzle cleaning etc.i must've done it abt 8 times now and still nowt's coming through.i've read various reports using diff methods to clean them but can i ask what ones you recommend? i don't wanna be buying cleaning solutions if at all possible.also can somebody tell me where the heads are please.cheers

Ikelos 13:08 29 Jun 2007

what is the make of this printer, do need a few details.........

suzie005 14:24 29 Jun 2007

it's an epson C20UX.

john bunyan 14:35 29 Jun 2007

I had a similar problem with an Epson multipurpose scanner / printer. I tried all the usual ink clearance modes, phoned Epson, who suggested running the nozzle clearing utility 5 times running (have you tried this?) I also asked for quotes from an Epson dealer but the cost is prohibitive. My local Cartridge World shop even has a warning on Epson Cartridges. In the end I bought a Cannon MP760 which has a separate print head, which could be replaced, unlike the Epson which, I belive has built in print heads. Good luck.

suzie005 14:49 29 Jun 2007

yea did the nozzle clearing loads of times and all i'm doing now is wasting ink.the reason why i hadn't used it for so long was cos i'd given up trying to re-install it on my temperamental pc.i like the look of that printer of yours ( have a canon digi camera) but can't afford owt that xpensive right now

Ikelos 15:02 29 Jun 2007

where abouts are you, I have a free afternoon, I will give it a service, will that do..

Chronos 15:05 29 Jun 2007

A word of warning suzie005, dont give your address to anyone, you don't know who will turn up..

suzie005 15:09 29 Jun 2007

cheers for the word of warning Chronos.nowt to do with you Ikelos but i'll pass on that one love

Chronos 15:26 29 Jun 2007

your welcome, lots of odd people out there.
x

Quiet Life 15:29 29 Jun 2007

See this forum posting click here which covers most of the methods available. All are time consuming and probably not worth it with the current price of printers. The sonic method I used did a good job and printers are still going. I believe a head clean uses about 10% of a cartridge so most of your ink is already used up.

suzie005 15:39 29 Jun 2007

yea i know i've met a few in my time.X

Quiet Life

cheers.i'll have a read through that thread when i get chance and hopefully i'll get it sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?