Problems with Photoshop since installing SP2

bloggs52 12:07 03 Oct 2004

I use Photoshop 6 and, to a limited degree, Photoshop Limited Edition. Since installing SP2 areas of the Photoshop screen go white and the only remedy is to end the program and start again.
Any ideas please.

oseven 13:22 03 Oct 2004

There do not seem to be a lot of Photoshoppers in this forum as I have posted queries myself with little response.
SP2 is causing quite a few problems with several versions of Adobe products.Try the Adobe forums pages or M/Soft SP2 Help pages.There are a lot of them.

nick_j007 13:56 03 Oct 2004

I can recommend this forum heartily for camera/photoshop issues. A link I did a quick search on (it has a very good search facility, so work on that) came up with this lot to start with.

click here

Yorky wrote:
> I use PSE 2 and am being pesterd by Windows Update to install XP
> Service Pack 2. However a Microsoft list of programs that may not
> run after the update includes Photoshop Elements.
>
> has anyone upgraded, and does PSE2 still work?
>
> Doug

If you choose to use the XP firewall, after installing SP2, all you need to do is tell the firewall to allow PSE 2 to phone home for the updates. If you're currently running a firerwall, and I highly recommend you do, just make sure you turn off XP's after the update and you should see no difference.

HTH,

Nick

Rwstill 14:35 03 Oct 2004

I use Photoshop 6, and have installed sp2, it works properly no problems what so ever. Corel draw 11 also works ok.

Filch 15:36 03 Oct 2004

Go here click here, it will tell you how to over come your problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?