Problems with Outlook

ToshMcCaber 13:00 28 Oct 2010

Something weird going on.

For many years, I have set my Outlook up so that outgoing mail resides in my Outbox, with a max 15 minute delay in sending out the mail items, unless Send/ Receive was pressed in the meantime . This has saved my bacon on several occasions, when I have inadvertently included recipients that I shouldn’t have, or more than often, I have needed to edit the email before it had been sent.

Up until now, if I did need to go into the Outbox, I could see which emails had still to be sent, highlighted in italics. Above was a header, with the date that the email was being sent. I could then either leave them, or edit them, and they would be sent at the end of their alloted time.

However, a few days ago, I noticed that an email had not been sent, after the prescribed 15 minutes. It was not in italics, rather, it was in upright lettering, and the header stated “Date: None”. On double clicking the entry, and then trying to re- send, the same thing- upright lettering in the Outbox, and it would not send.

On testing, I found that this only seems to happen when I open up the Outbox to see the status of emails in it. But I’m sure that this did not happen before.

Has anyone got any suggestions, please?

ToshMcCaber 13:04 28 Oct 2010

Should have metioned MS Office 2007/ Windows 7

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?