Problems with Outlet Express

REDYELBLU 13:33 16 Mar 2005

Hi,I was wondering if someone could help me with this problem. OE will only connect to Freeserve if I use it after I make my Broardband connection. If I check my MSN e-mails and then try to use OE, it will not connect, it just says - connecting to pop.freeserve.com which means that I cannot download any Freeserve e-mails. There is no problems with the MSN e-mails, I can access this at any time. If I write an e-mail in OE Im unable to send it because it has not connected, but if I shut down the PC, OE will connect to Freeserve and send the e-mail just before it all shuts down. Im running Panda antivirus, Spybot and AD-Aware programs so maybe its one of these causing the problem. I have checked in the set up options in OE but have been unable to find any thing. Thanks for any help.

BigMoFoT 13:43 16 Mar 2005

Depending on how long you have had your MSN account depends if you can retreive your emails via OE or normal Outlook. If you have had your account a good few years you will be able to...

If signed up for an MSN or Hotmail account now you would not be able to retreive emails via outlook. The only way to retreive emails would be to pay for an upgrade to your MSN service...

Yoda Knight 13:44 16 Mar 2005

Spybot and ad-aware shouldnt make any difference.
Panda may be your problem... Has this ever worked correctly ?

REDYELBLU 13:49 16 Mar 2005

Yes, worked ok untill a couple of weeks ago.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017