Problems with Optical Drives

mike42 13:57 20 Jan 2007

I have what appears to be an intermittent fault when reading from or adding data to discs that I have created in either my CD or DVD Drives. After I eject the disc sometimes the system will shut down and a Blue Screen appears with the message 'serious error, start of physical memory dump'. I have had all the hardware tested and even tried other Optical drives on my system aswell as changing the 'writing software' but the problem persists. There does not appear to be a problem when playing music cds or watching dvds. Anyone any ideas please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:04 20 Jan 2007
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:58 21 Jan 2007

Do not use the yellow envelope unless invited, always put your reply in the box at the bottom of the page, then others can see your reply and offer further help.

Have you look at the microsoft page I posted with the "click here". Just click on the blue link to open the page it may cotain information relating to your problem.
let us know how you get on by posting a reply in the box at the bottom of this page.

mike42 20:27 22 Jan 2007

I am working through the microsoft page, but no luck yet. I am also getting the hang of the Forum. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?