Problems opening an Internet Fax Image

freaky 20:36 27 Mar 2006

I received an Internet Fax Mail - it states double click on the image to open.

The Image is type: Tagged Image File Format.

When I try to open it instead of Windows Fax Viewer appearing, I get Nero Snapshot Viewer.

I then selected Open with Windows Fax Viewer. It appeared OK but I just get the 1st Page with no tool bar below.

It did work OK once, but not since.

Any suggestions please.

freaky 20:48 29 Mar 2006

Hmmm - looks as though this question has everybody baffled.

I eventually persuaded the sender to send it again as a PDF. But it would be interesting to know why Windows Fax Viewer worked once - and why Nero Snapshot Viewer has made itself the default when you double click on the Fax.

All contributions to this post would be gratefully appreciated.

VoG II 20:54 29 Mar 2006

Do you know the file extension? If you cannot see the extension, save the fax then navigate to it it in Windows Explorer. If the extension is not shown:

1. Click Start.
2. Click My Computer.
3. Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
4. Select the View Tab.
5. Uncheck the Hide file extensions for known file types.
6. Click OK.

freaky 09:35 30 Mar 2006

It is a TIF file - does that help ?

VoG II 12:19 30 Mar 2006

Right click the file and select Open With, then Choose Program. Click on Windows Picture and Fax viewer and tick the box 'Always use this program to open this type of file'.

freaky 13:36 30 Mar 2006

The Fax arrives in a white envelope, if I right click on it and select Open with Windows Fax and Picture Viewer - the Viewer opens with the message 'No Preview Available'. If I then click on forward/back on the Viewer toolbar, I then get various pictures that have no connection with the fax.

If I then double click on the Fax Envelope in My Documents, a Email page opens with the Fax shown as an attachement. It tells you to double click the attachement to open. When I do this a box opens stating 'do you want to open this file' no other options are offered. When I select 'yes' then Nero PhotoSnap Viewer opens. All that is shown is the 1st page of the Fax with no opportunity that I can find to view the other pages.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?