Problems with Nero

grumpano 20:55 16 Mar 2005

I used to Have Nero 5 on my pc for use with my cd burner but i was always getting burn errors. So i changed to Nero 6 with the same results. The next step was a new dvd burner to replace the cd burner. All went well for a couple of weeks then the errors started, mostley power calibration errors. A Nero clean and re install later i still get a lot of failed burns, the only thing that seems to work is a re boot before burning. But even after this i still get problems.
Any ideas or should i try different burning programs ?

^wave^ 21:00 16 Mar 2005

what type of media are you using

Eric10 21:07 16 Mar 2005

This is from Nero's website. click here

grumpano 23:25 16 Mar 2005

I am using datawrite yellow lable 8 speed, on a NEC 3500a burner

grumpano 23:29 16 Mar 2005

Firmware is the latest,have tried different brands of cds and as a last step disconected the power to my second drive,so the writer has its own power.

handful 07:48 17 Mar 2005

As you have changed the burner already, my money is on the media. Try a different brand and make sure you update Nero to the latest version that fully supports your burner.

BBez 10:06 17 Mar 2005

you can use the general clean tool to perform a "clean" install of nero to prevent similar errors to which you describe...

Nero 5 Clean Tool:

click here

General Clean Tool:

click here

Registry Checker and DriverClean Tool:

click here

InCD Clean Tool:

click here

run the desired tool, reboot and reinstall... i also get a lot of problems with x8 DVD-r media, try burning slower or use other media...

BBez 10:08 17 Mar 2005

forgot to mention it is Datawrite i get problems with, use Bulkpaq media with no problems...

Yoda Knight 10:22 17 Mar 2005

Try disconnect/turn off any other hardware that could be draining power, ie scanners, cameras etc. Close down all other apps that may be running and any non-critical TSRs (next to your clock in the system tray). Disable power saving and screen savers. disable anti-virus.

Try a burn now. Any joy ?

grumpano 12:05 17 Mar 2005

Will try different media as asoon as i can get to the shops. Have tried closeing running apps to no avail. Not tried to burn since putting burner on its own power supply, The problem is also intermitant so hard to put it down to any one thing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

There’s more to Finnish artist Tove Jansson than creating the Moomins

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder la Coupe du monde de rugby à XIII en direct ?