Problems with my scanner

towunda 11:47 15 Nov 2003

OS ME.
I had to disconnect my computer and scanner - had the builders in! Anyway, since connecting it all back up again my scanner wont respond? Everything else is OK. I have connected it to the usb port but get the message 'Scanner could not be initailised (scanner not found)' I have reinstalled it but get the same problem. There is another small socket at the back of the scanner, should there be a mains lead??? If so, I dont know where the hell its got to!
Thanks for any help. Cheers.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:52 15 Nov 2003

If it a usb scanner it should be powered thru the usb port do you have a usb printer? if you do try uninstalling this then put the scanner in first.

Regards.

Pesala 12:49 15 Nov 2003

Check out the manufacturer's website for a new power supply if it needs one.

BarryKeith 13:17 15 Nov 2003

If you have connected the scanner to a different USB port than it was previously connected to, you will get exactly the error message that you are seeing. You will either have to find the correct USB port, or uninstall then reinstall the drivers for your scanner.

Chegs ® 13:20 15 Nov 2003

The "small socket" will probably need a psu.I have a USB scanner that has an additional supply of approx 9v.

BarryKeith 13:22 15 Nov 2003

There is a possibility that you have mislaid the power unit, many scanners use a separate supply, if you look at the rear of the scanner it will be marked as to what voltage and polarity the power input should be. They are usually a standard 12V-DC @ 1.2A and are easily obtained.

towunda 15:39 15 Nov 2003

Cheers guys, I found the mains lead, it was behind the fridge!!! Anyway, I am now able to scan successfully but when I open up the scanner I get the follow message 'Your scanner is currently accessed by another application. Please wait for other applications to finish to allow HP Precision LTX access' What the hell is that all about??? I close the message down and the scanner does its job. Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache