problems with my CyberDrive DVD-ROM drive...

BeForU 23:37 06 Oct 2003

hello! i have a CyberDrive DVD-ROM (DM 168D model), and it cant seem to read DVD discs anymore! it can read normal CD-ROMs fine but whenever i place a DVD disc in, it takes ages for it to read it and even then, nothing works or it crashes my computer! ive tried a large number of different DVD's but still no luck! i even tried to find a driver for it but none can be found! can anyone help please? ive only had this drive for 3 months and i just hope its not dodgy already! it used to play DVD's before so i dont know whats wrong with it!

woodchip 23:45 06 Oct 2003

Try a CD cleaner if that don't work I would think put put hic put splutter

BeForU 23:48 06 Oct 2003

thanks for that suggestion but lol, ive already tried that a couple of times and, nope! still dont work! if it is somehow dodgy then i dont know why it could still read normal CDs though!

woodchip 23:48 06 Oct 2003

You could try removing the DVD software and reload, have you loaded software of late that's altered or replaced the DVD files

BeForU 00:33 07 Oct 2003

well ive reinstalled the DVD software i.e. PowerDVD and looks like that solved it! couldnt believe it was as simple as doing this! i dont even know what i did to alter the software which made it didnt recognise my DVDs! but well its all fixed now! thanks for your help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?