Problems with MSN messanger - can you help?

AdventCalendar 21:09 07 Jul 2005

I use internet explorer as my browser, normally when i sign in it automatically brings up messenger recently it just has signing in attempt after attempt until it says there is either a fault with my internet connection (but this is working with Mozilla) or a problem with there server.

When i try and connect to messenger on its own it has non of it says my LAN settings maybe wrong. I've installed and uninstalled it a few times but nothing, its not installed at the mo.

AdventCalendar 07:31 08 Jul 2005

can anyone help?

bruno 08:13 08 Jul 2005

Try Reinstalling Messenger and make sure you get the latest version(7).See if this makes a difference.

Wak 08:59 08 Jul 2005

Is your firewall blocking the outgoing message to MSN??

AdventCalendar 09:04 08 Jul 2005

Wak, i wouldnt have thought so?

AdventCalendar 11:55 08 Jul 2005

???

ACOLYTE 12:13 08 Jul 2005

I dont know if this will help but in Version7 if you goto tools options/connection there are a few things you can look at and test your connection where you can change them if you have troubles and save a log file of the connectionn error this may be worth doing then maybe posting this file on here may help someone help you.

AdventCalendar 17:19 08 Jul 2005

Ill see what that does then.

Wak 19:34 08 Jul 2005

I also wouldn't have thought that your firewall would block the outgoing message to MSN but it was worth checking.
Also, is Internet Explorer able to contact other web sites instead of using Mozilla??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?