Problems making Music CD for Playing in Car

Audio~~Chip 16:13 24 Feb 2011

I use Nero OEM v7 Essentials and have have only about twice in 5 years managed to burn a CD using my own original music CDs. The machine I use now is only about a year old running XP Pro

My Car Stero in my car does not have MP3 format built in, it plays normal music CD's just not when I create them with Nero.

I have tried the Jukebox option but it reports on my stereo that its a CDROM.

Any suggestions please

bremner 16:16 24 Feb 2011

Use Windows Media Player CD burner

Audio~~Chip 16:19 24 Feb 2011

will try this.

woodchip 18:15 24 Feb 2011

It sounds to me that your car CD player does not support Burned CD's Sounds like it's a old player

Simsy 18:30 24 Feb 2011

you are burning them as AUDIO CD,s the problem must either the quality of the CDs, or of the player itself.

Are you able to play these CDs in a "normal", (ie household, not vehicle), CD player?

Are they CDRs, rather than CDRW? Becasue of the different nature of CDRW chemistry they are not a reflective and usually don't play in audio CD players, especially older ones.

Sorry I can't offer more!

Regards,

Simsy

Audio~~Chip 20:58 24 Feb 2011

My Car Stereo came with my care in Sept 2005. The CD-R disk's I use are Infiniti Pro series not CD-RW I have never been sucessfull with the few I have made over the years but now I am getting fed up of listening to the Same CD in the car for 6months

Now Windows Media Player works I got some choice of music and the CD-Rs work !

Thinking of getting organised and putting a collection on my machine in the Media Player libary. Not that familiar with it but thats a learning curve for me.

Simsy, what option do you use to burn a CD for audio to play on your car thats if you do?

I will close my post but keep an eye on any Nero info

Simsy 22:29 24 Feb 2011

But I've never had a problem burning an audio CD.

Regards,

Simsy

ashdav 23:33 24 Feb 2011

I gave up on Nero a few years ago and now use Ashampoo.
If you want to try it (thoroughly recommend it it) click here
The free offer was still working about 3 days ago.
You need to download Burning Studio.

northumbria61 23:41 24 Feb 2011

I am in agreeance with ashdav - I also gave up on Nero a long time ago - have recently downloaded and using Ashampoo Burning Studio 2010 - so easy to use. I have quite a few Ashampoo products and they are all so easy to use and just work!

Audio~~Chip 00:00 25 Feb 2011

glad it not me and is a Nero issue, its probably because its the OEM issue typical eh! Data & ISO fine with Nero but Music files totally useless

Thank you all in the postings for you pointers , can I ask one thing more, I am allways cautious of downloading freebie tools, I have heard or Ashampoo is there any risk of infections using it ?

Audio~~Chip 11:53 25 Feb 2011

Better to be safe. Cheers!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone