Problems logging in to ICICI

ordep 07:22 10 Feb 2008

Since having XP reinstalled, I've been unable to log into my ICICI account.

It accepts my user ID ok but, the password box only accepts 5 of the 8 digits needed to access the account.
I've used CCleaner & disc cleaner, but still no joy.
Has any one any thing else to suggest I could try.
Many thanks.

howard64 11:12 10 Feb 2008

do they not have a contact us page on their site that you can ask them?

ordep 15:08 10 Feb 2008

Yes, I have spoken to them on Thursday/Friday, there as puzzled as me.
There tech support are going to call me Monday/Tuesday.
I just wondered if any one else had experienced this problem.

sunny staines 16:05 10 Feb 2008

if you save with them it is rumoured they are formed from the failed indian bcci bank. they do have good rates though.

ordep 17:43 10 Feb 2008

I must say I'm rather worried at the moment, I think as soon as I have access to my account again, I shall be transferring my cash some were else.
click here

hastelloy 17:55 10 Feb 2008

nothing to do with ICICI

Paul M 19:27 10 Feb 2008

Here's an interesting article about ICICI

click here

hastelloy 19:43 13 Feb 2008

see click here scroll down to "Top clean accounts" - about halfway down the page. I've had an account for a while without any problems or concerns. Have made several transfers in and out.

Clapton is God 20:23 13 Feb 2008

"it is rumoured they are formed from the failed indian bcci bank"

Utter rubbish

BCCI and ICICI are not even remotely connected.

Apart from anything else, BCCI were founded in the UK not India

sunny staines 11:08 14 Feb 2008

clapton

it was only what i had read on another web site when the bank first started. if its duff then my apologies, but i am sure i seen several times warnings about it being a indian bank that is not part of the uk banking code.

JJCUK 11:21 14 Feb 2008

seems ok to me

It's important to point out that ICICI Bank is regulated by the FSA, which means most of your cash up to around £35,000 is protected, so you won't lose your money it if the bank hits financial difficulty.

and

ICICI Bank UK has finally signed up to the Banking Code, a voluntary set of industry rules that lay down how UK banks and building societies should treat their customers. The move means that it is now eligible for inclusion in This is Money's best-buy savings tables.

Under the Code, a bank or building society must let customers know within 30 days of any change to its interest rates. It must also inform them individually if its rates move by more than 0.25 percentage points compared with base rate or by more than 0.5 percentage points in a rolling 12-month period.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?