Problems at Log On

Hullite 11:53 19 Feb 2005

When I switch on my PC i get the following message: 16 BITWINDOWS SUBSYSTEM. C/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/AUTOEXEC.NT the system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and microsoft applications choose close to terminate the application. I have tried downloading a fix file but it never worked has anybody got any further tips for getting rid of this problem. All help appreciated.

SANTOS7 11:57 19 Feb 2005

click here this should help

Hullite 16:38 20 Feb 2005

Thanks for that carried out the instructions however the folowing has now started to appear
THE WIN16SUBSYSTEM WAS UNABLE TO ENTER PROTECTED MODE DOSX.EXE MUST BE IN YOUR AUTOEXEC.NT AND PRESENT IN YOUR PATH.Any more ideas or have i done something wrong Thanks

zarobian 16:41 20 Feb 2005

Which OS you have got.

Hullite 21:25 20 Feb 2005

Thanks for your response my operating system is WINXP Pro. Think i emailed this to your personal box by mistake. Apoligies

zarobian 08:30 21 Feb 2005

No problem sending me an email.SANTOS7 suggestion is spot on. It did not worked out for you!!!.

I think there will be a line in AUTOEXEC.NT associated to your error. That could be deactived by opening the file in Notepad and placing an ; against it. (; 16bit.....). Save a copy of the file prior to this operation.
Also check AUTOEXEC.BAT file. Go to Start->RUN->SYSEDIT and press enter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie