problems with liteon SOHW1633S dvd-rw

joeltr 19:37 14 Oct 2004

my old pc went belly up two weeks ago, a family member suggested i go for a dvd-rom plua a dvd-rw, which i have, the problem is, i decided to use windows backup utility to see if i could backup all my files etc to a new blank dvd-r disc,i got as far as clicking to write to the disc only for it to say that i should insert a writable blank disc, or there isnt enough space on the one in the drive, it just kept ejecting the disc, i put in a cd-r disc and it said not enough space, but at least it read it, i tried to copy a dvd just to see if it would, it did, but wont play on my dvd player, but will on my pc, i havnt a clue what to do, the drive is for plus and minus + D/L, i used roxio 7 for my copy test, would i be beter off using +dvd-r,? i also tried to use roxio for my backup, but again i ejects the disc, any thoughts welcome, joel.

JonnyTub 19:44 14 Oct 2004

click here and read up on xp backup utility

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:45 14 Oct 2004

How many files were you trying to back up limit is approx 4.3G for a DVD

To play in a stand alone DVD the disk must be "finalized" You probaly had it set to Multisession and the DVD is still open to accept more files.

JonnyTub 19:48 14 Oct 2004

xp Backup does not back up to CD-R/CD-RW/DVD-R

joeltr 19:59 14 Oct 2004

thanks for replies, i was only backing up my pictures folder, 647mbs,it wouldnt read it, i think the backup was 3-something gbs, it read the cd-r disc no problem, it just will not recognise the dvd-r disc to back up anything, joel.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?