Problems with Licence Renewal - Kaspersky IS 6

safe as milk 19:02 17 Jun 2008

Hi all

My version of Internet Security 6.0 is due for renewal in 6... no, wait, 5 days time. When I click on the relevant link (helpfully labelled 'license renewal') I expect to be able to solve the problem, or at least find a way of renewing. Sadly, all I get is a 404 message: "The requested URL /kasperskyupgrade was not found on this server." This was at the web address: click here. You can tell that I must have bought the original disc at PCWorld.

So I'm stuck. I've looked everywhere I can think of on the Kaspersky site but to no avail. I've even contacted their online help people but have had no reply. Do they really want my business, I'm beginning to wonder.

Can anyone out there help me or is it time for freeware? AVG anyone?

Joking aside, I'd like to get this sorted so would be glad of any advice.

recap 19:11 17 Jun 2008

Ensure you have the latest version before renewing your license click here and check your version under the Renewals section.

micemews 20:15 17 Jun 2008

You could always phone the Kaspersky helpline.

0871 789 1635
0871 789 1631

I have found this helpline particularly helpful in the past

Poitier 15:14 18 Jun 2008

Perhaps it is because you are not using version 7.The latest version is 8. Do you realise that you can always update to the latest version free during the period that the license is valid. To do so visit the user forum found under Support in the main window.

Poitier 21:20 18 Jun 2008

As an afterthought you could just let it lapse. You can buy KIS7 cheaply from Dabs or download it for £14.99 from Kaspersky at present.It can be updated on line.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017