Problems with Internet Explorer: please help!!

Bibeaugk 19:41 20 Jan 2010

I just had a nasty trojan horse on my computer that I was able to eliminate, but while the trojan horse was on my computer, I think it messed up my Internet Explorer somehow. I was unable to open it while I had the virus, and now that it's gone, I still can't open it. Every time I open Internet Explorer, I get the error message that says "Internet Explorer cannot display this webpage." No matter what website I put in, it still doesn't work.

I tried turning my computer off and on, and it still doesn't work. My wireless internet connection is good, but it still doesn't work. I have tried turning my wireless off and then back on, and it still doesn't work. I can't think of what else to do. Please help!

bucko1986 19:57 20 Jan 2010

Which version of Internet Explorer are you using? Have you tried uninstalling IE and reinstalling? It may even be as simple as deleting your cookies etc

Bibeaugk 05:15 21 Jan 2010

I am using Internet explorer version 7. I tried resetting everything and it still didn't work. All my cookies and browsing history has been deleted. I even tried running it without add ons. How do I uninstall and reinstall Internet explorer?

^wave^ 09:13 21 Jan 2010

see if you have a connection open a cmd window and try ping bbc.co.uk if that doesnt work you dont have a connection t the internet next try and ping your router orsee if you can access it

rdave13 09:21 21 Jan 2010

You don't say what OS but it might be a damaged TCP/IP stack; click here
Different version for Win 7.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Aardman's new YouTube channel to share the work of independent animators

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017