problems with internet connection

AFT 18:53 20 Oct 2008

my internet keeps disconnecting - especialy when phone rings. have spoken to my isp and done everything they said, changed filters, checked bt line. now they have told me that my phones are causing the problems. is this correct? i have cordless phones (2 different types) and they are now telling be to buy an analogue phone as they are better. i don't want to go back to a corded phone and can't believe that having had these phones for a while with no problems they are now causing this. BT have checked line and they seem to think it's a fault with the broadband equipment, but orange are having no of it. has anyone else had this problem/

many thanks
AFT

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:04 20 Oct 2008

Modem?
siemens?
livebox?
speedtouch?

AFT 19:11 20 Oct 2008

hi i have a orange livebox. one of the phones is a samsung spr6100 and the others are BT freesyle 2500. i have a wired connection on PC and a wireless on laptop

birdface 19:58 20 Oct 2008

A chap on from Spain last year he had the same problem as you, And he discovered his phone battery was needing replacing and and that was what was causing his problem.Probably not yours but I thought that I would mention it just in case.

AFT 20:10 20 Oct 2008

no onehas mentioned that. i will check to see. ISP seem to think that phones are causing problems - even tho we have had no problem in thepast with them. although phones have never been clear - 'very hissy'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?