problems with internal speakers/headset

Daisy22 19:13 25 Sep 2007

I can't seem to get rid of an awful background noise when I have the volume turned up. When I connect the headset to use the mike for internet phoning I have the same problem. When I say I have the volume up, I mean turned on but not playing anything through the speakers.

I've gone into the sound system to see if I could adjust it by changing the volume levels etc. but it doesn't seem to work. The only way to stop it is to turn the volume virtually off on the PC (acer laptop)which means you can't hear any sound at all. When you play music the sound is ok, the speakers seem to be set to the correct level

Operating system is Vista and the PC is an Acer aspire 5630.

ambra4 19:27 25 Sep 2007

Turn down the mic gain control as causeing feedback with the speakers and headset

You will have to adjust the volume control and the mic control untill you get a good mix where you can here and the other party can here you

Also check the options in the sound setting in control panel playback/recording if any mic boost is switch on

DieSse 23:42 25 Sep 2007

If you're using a headset, turn the normal speakers OFF - otherwise you'll always get some feedback, as per above.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?