Problems installing windows 7

acceptmyname 18:11 13 Nov 2009

Hi guys I have purchased a new barebone bundle today and I am trying to get windows 7 installed on it.

I am using my old hardrive and DVD/cd, as XP is currently installed onto my old hard drive I am trying to boot up direct from my windows 7 disk through windows boot manager but every time it starts to load up I get the following message

windows is loading files, then

windows has encountered a problem comunicating with a device connected to your computer. This error cane be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is on use, or by faulty hardware such as a hard drive or cd-rom drive that is failing. Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your computer.

info: an unexpected error U/O error has occured.

I have unpluged everything apart from essentials mouse, keyboard etc... And I find it hard to believe it is my hard drive or DVD/cd as they were both working perfectly well 2mins before I took them out of my old case and into the new. Oh I also used my old PSU as the are more wattage the the one in the barebones

click here

link ti the barebones abovep

Any help greatly appriciated.

Link to the barebones

acceptmyname 18:52 13 Nov 2009

I have been looking through different forums for any help and have noticed it only seems to be the 32bit version that is causing the problem now I have the 64bit version but will my games like COD 4 and halo work on the 64bit

ambra4 03:46 16 Nov 2009

How to dual boot Windows XP and Windows 7 (XP installed first)

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?