Problems with IE9 Trying to go back to IE8

Migwell 14:54 13 Feb 2011

I have installed IE9 beta and had no problems at all with it. I noticed the other day that the last release was the one just before going live and thought that it might be even better with all the latest bells and whistles, so I downloaded it and installed it. Now each time I go onto a site like Ebay etc. IE9 crashes, over and over again. So I then thought I would go back to the beta IE9 that I was using but can’t find that anywhere. Thought about going back to IE8, which I used before.I have saved a download of that and would install that for the time being until the full version came out of IE9.
System restore will not go back further than yesterday to even allow me to go back to my beta version of IE9.

I can’t find IE9 under Programs and Features so I can't un-install it. Have any of you got any ideas as to how I can sort this out.

Using Win 7 64Bit

rdave13 15:12 13 Feb 2011

Programs and features and select 'view installed updates' on the left. Search for IE9 and right click and select uninstall.

Migwell 16:17 13 Feb 2011

Thanks to you rdave13 you helped me find something in a place I have not seen before. I followed your instructions and there it was.

I un-installed the latest IE9 as it was on the computer, (not working properly) it took me back to IE8 I then installed the newest IE9 and everything seems OK up to now.

Thanks for your help.

Just goes to show there are places in Win 7 I don't know about.

Ticked RESOLVED

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?