Problems with IE 7 and Windows XP

Simac 13:29 03 Dec 2006

I have just recently upgraded IE on two PC's to version 7 and both PC's are running Windows XP O/S.
Ever since the upgrade I find I cannot get into certain websites. I get the message 'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage'.
It then gives me two alternatives, I can try 'Diagnose Connection Problems' or 'More Information'.
I try the 'Diagnose Connection Problem' but it comes back with everything being okay. Yet the problem still continues. I have clicked the 'More Information' and the problems it lists are not appropriate to the problems I am getting.
Simac

SANTOS7 13:35 03 Dec 2006

The simple solution while IE7 is still in beta is to uninstall it and revert back to IE6.

Pamy 13:40 03 Dec 2006

Simac, I too have this problem with just this one web site. I have gone back to IE6 but the problem is still there. Click on my link and see if you can go there please. click here will keep whatch of your thread to see if you ever resolve the problem

birdface 13:40 03 Dec 2006

Try, Control panel, Network connections, Right click local area Connection, Then click Repair, If it comes up with any problems let me know, Mine came up with DNs Problem and I was able to fix it, Yours may be different.or show nothing,

birdface 13:42 03 Dec 2006

Windows is no longer in Beta,It is the full version now.

Pamy 13:45 03 Dec 2006

Have a look here cannot connect to lioydstsb bank

birdface 13:46 03 Dec 2006

Your site works okay for me, May be a Cookie or Firewall problem you have.

Pamy 13:48 03 Dec 2006

cannot connect to lioydstsb bank

Pamy 13:50 03 Dec 2006

Cannot seam to send you link to my tread on similar subject Help

birdface 13:53 03 Dec 2006

Think it will be a Cookie problem, You need to allow Cookie for that,You can go into ,Tools Internet Options, Privacy, Sites, And you can allow cookie for that site, Never done it myself, But so far have not needed to,

Pamy 13:57 03 Dec 2006

buteman, I have done all that. I do not wish to hijack this tread of Simac, but would appreciate you advising me how to provide a link from my previous posting

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?