Problems with HP Office Jet 7680

Simac 15:01 01 Dec 2007

I recently purchased a HP Office Jet 7680, I have problems with the PC software accepting the Hardware, I go through the procedures on the software, at step 3 it asks for the USB cable to be connected to my PC which is a dell Lap top running XP O/S and the hardware, when I connect the USB it states that it detects, I then wait a few minutes for a connection to be made, only to get an error and a red cross appears. Could it be that I need a USB 2 connection??

citadel 15:19 01 Dec 2007

i have just installed a hp printer today. you plug the power cable in and turn it on, put paper in, put ink in, put usb cable in. turn on pc then put cd in when new hardware found wizard asks.

Simac 18:17 02 Dec 2007

Thanks for your info, I did put the power cable in, I have turned the Office Jet on, I have put the ink cartridges in, I have put paper in, I did have put the usb cable in, I have put the disk in the PC as well. Didn't help returning the Office Jet tomorrow, tried with a usb 2 card, it took 4 hours just to install the software, the wizard said it could not find the drivers so had to do it all manually, eventually when it finally said that installation was complete I found it would not print.
Assume that my lap-top is not compatible for the Office Jet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?