Problems with home page

R.C.M. 20:22 23 Oct 2006

For some strange reason my windows Internet explorer home page changed from wanadoo/orange to UK MSN.

I have tried to change it back by going to control panel [in classic view] and double clicked the Internet options icon but I can't get the Internet options icon to open - can anyone suggest how to resolve this please.

Many thanks.

VoG II 20:53 23 Oct 2006

Do you have Zone Alarm?

Carpigiani 20:54 23 Oct 2006

uk.msn is the default home page for IE.

To change it Launch IE go to Tools/Internet Options
under the General tab you can type in the home page of your choice, then click Apply.

R.C.M. 20:57 23 Oct 2006

Hi Vog - no I don't have Zone Alarm

R.C.M. 21:00 23 Oct 2006

I went down the road you suggest but can't get the Internet Options icon to open to get to the General tab.

VoG II 21:16 23 Oct 2006

You may have a nasty on board click here

Also run Ewido click here

R.C.M. 22:35 23 Oct 2006

Sorry for taking so long to come back to you VoG - I was using the leads you provided me with.

There was a tracking cookie found but after removal I still have the original problem.

birdface 09:00 24 Oct 2006

You could try starting in safe mode, And clicking on last good cofiguration,See if that helps,Or system restore.

R.C.M. 09:58 24 Oct 2006

Hi buteman - I've just tried system restore - still have original problem.

I will now try last good config

R.C.M. 10:41 24 Oct 2006

Hi buteman - sorry to report last good configuration has been negative - original problem still evident

birdface 10:52 24 Oct 2006

I have Internet explorer on my start menu,If i right click it then press internet properties. You can change home page from there,Why your internet options dont open in the control panel has stumped me, Is this the only one that does not open, Or do none of them open.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?