Problems getting IBM Thinkpad online

mikeevans 20:25 20 Nov 2010

Hi,
I am having some problems getting an IBM Thinkpad R50e online.
The wireless symbol appears in the taskbar at the bottom right of the screen, but there is a red cross over it obviously indicating a problem.
When I click it, a box comes up with a blue heading which reads 'Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility' and underneath it says 'Driver is not installed'.
When I go into Device Manager, the only device listed under Network Adapters is 'Intel PRO/100 VE Network Connection'. It says the device is working properly. The driver date is 31/10/06 and it is version 8.0.43.0. I have tried rolling back the driver, but it says 'No driver files have been backed up for this device'.
Obviously, I cannot update the driver using the Hardware Update Wizard, because that requires me to go online.
I have visited the Lenovo site on my desktop computer to try to obtain the correct driver
which I could copy to disc then load onto my Thinkpad, but there are so many drivers I haven't a clue which one I need.
Any help very much appreciated.
Thank you.

Ashrich 09:09 21 Nov 2010

The device you see in device manager is the ethernet port (LAN) not the wifi adapter , download and run the correct drivers for the wifi card from Intel .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?